SYMKLOUD MS2900 Media
Media cloud platform to address latency and poor scalability of cloud transcoding infrastructure
Designed for the media optimization applications for cloud infrastructure and next-gen data center requirements.
With mobile devices challenged by power consumption and the usage of bandwidth-hungry video content, the need for efficient transcoding in the cloud has never been greater. As transcoding for mobile devices are moving in to the Cloud to offload the required processing on the mobile device, the result is better power efficiency on the mobile device. Working with Intel, Kontron has created the optimal solution that addresses the issue of energy efficiency, scalability and cost, and results in a better user experience.
Its overall modular approach makes the Kontron SYMKLOUD Media platform also capable of running multiple applications – including transcoding – across multiple independent low-power, high-performance processors. SYMKLOUD MS2900 Media platform features up to 18 Intel® Core™ i7 Quad-Core Processors, and is future-proofed to accommodate next generation Intel processors.
- Designed from the ground up to integrate switching, storage and processing in a 3-in-1 modular approach
- Power efficiency for significant OPEX savings
- Simplified 1-click updates
- Seamless cluster and rack scalability
- Designed for IPTV, Cable, Cloud and Mobile Cloud service providers to introduce new applications used for mobile and fixed video transcoding, unified communications and Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS)
SYMKLOUD MS2900 MEDIA DATASHEET
Switch with Shelf Manager
- MS2900-Startup use-case common Mgmt+payload network
- MS2900-Startup use-case physically isolated Mgmt+payload networks
- MS2900-Startup use-case VLAN-segregated Mgmt+payload networks
- MSH8900 SFP modules
IPMItool is a simple Linux command-line tool used to communicate with IPMI-enabled devices. It provides remote management, sensor and FRU information. It can also be used to update firmwares if supported by the device. The following binaries are optimized for Kontron’s products and are based on the open source version found on Sourceforge.
NOTE: Due to a limitation in the maximum bundle-size on previous releases, MSH8900 with ShMC v2.xx and MSH891x with ShMC 1.xx (or older) must first be updated using the ‘ShMC-Only v3.00 bundle’.
MSH8900 Switch NOS (SMBStaX): MSH8900 switch NOS version 2.22
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to a limitation in the maximum bundle-size on older releases, MSH8900 and MSH891x with ShMC versions less than those listed below must first be updated using this bundle.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to a limitation in the maximum bundle-size on previous releases, MSH8900 with ShMC v2.xx and MSH891x with ShMC 1.xx (or older) must first be updated using the ‘ShMC-Only v3.00 bundle’.