ME2400 | 2U
ME SERIES OF MODULAR, SHORT-DEPTH EDGE MEC PLATFORMS
Service providers face two key requirements at the edge, namely – the need to deploy virtualized services across VMs and/or cloud-native containers and, simultaneously, to push more intelligence and processing across distributed edge points that are limited by space and power yet still require diverse types of computing and storage.
ME2400 2U MEC Platform
The ME2400 multi-access edge computing 2U platform solves these challenges by enabling network architects to freely mix and match consumable components (CPU, FPGA, GPU, NVMe) in a special short-depth form factors that easily scales.
Each platform hosts up to 4 modules based on two available modular servers:
MEC200 for compute, and MEX100 for IO acceleration.
Deploy in challenging physical and environments:
- Ideal for cell tower and street cabinet cloud hosting;
- Features two -57 VDC to -40 VDC input power feeds;
- Rack management integrated with the power tray (optional):
- One RJ45 1GbE rack management port
- One micro-B USB serial port
- Total typical power consumption (W): 455W
AVAILABLE MODULAR SERVER NODES
MEC200 Compute Module
- Two (2) independent Intel® Xeon D-1500 Series processors/servers
- Up to 128GB DDR4 memory per server
- Up to 1TB of storage per server
(1 M.2-2242 SSD SATA up to 512GB per CPU;
1 M.2-2242 SSD NVMe up to 1TB per CPU)
- Up to 40GbE Ethernet network per server
- Up to 8x PCIe fabric per server
- Independent Out of bands management network for each server
MEX100 Acceleration Module
- One (1) PCIe extension/carrier for GPU/FPGA/DSP acceleration
- One (1) RJ45 1GbE management port
- One (1) micro-B USB serial port
- One x8 PCIe card FHHL (x16 mechanical)
- Special I/O connection such as CPRI using FPGA PCIe card
- Two (2) M.2 SSD NVMe x4 storage module for up to 1TB storage
- Front access 6 SFP+ ports which can be connected with up to 8 10GbE fabric interfaces from a MEC200 Compute Module
IPMItool is a simple Linux command-line tool used to communicate with IPMI-enabled devices. It provides remote management, sensor and FRU information. It can also be used to update firmwares if supported by the device. The following binaries are optimized for Kontron’s products and are based on the open source version found on Sourceforge.